Overcoming Telephonophobia

Monday, March 17, 2008

90% OFF--- Steal of a deal?

Ninety percent off is what the first cell phone ever sold is now going for! You can buy it now on ebay. After pennying up to pay $3995 on a cell phone, your prize was lugging around 2 pounds whose talk time was only one hour. Believe it or not, when one of the cell phones inventors was told he had to invent a cell phone he replied, 'What the hell's a portable cell phone?' (Source: a MSNBC article.) Cell phones were unheard of then, but are simply inescapable now! I can't go through one day without using the wretchedly commonplace device.

I found this really neat website that chronicles cellular evolvement from 1982's first cell phone to the latest and the greatest iphone that costs $400. Right now, I am happy with my old fashioned blue sayno flip phone. It doesn't bother me that it is from 2003 and when a friend made fun of my phone I secretly mocked their shallowness in my mind. Actually I feel bad for all those trend following extravagant iphoners who paid too much for their over-priced cell phone.

No comments: