Overcoming Telephonophobia

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bitter Resentment of Rining


I have been unaccessible and unreachable for a whole day by means of a cellular phone! Some may call it an inconvenient hassle, while others, like myself, may refer to it as wholesome freedom! It feels great. I silenced my phone for class and cannot find it amongst the large confines of my dorm room. The truth of the matter is that I haven't looked very hard.

I would be willing to put money on the table to bet that once everyday, every cellular owner who receives a good number of calls cringes upon the sound of their own ring. And no, it is not the ring-back tone that has gotten to them. People hate the fact that they feel they always need to be available.

Who hasn't been accused for not picking up? I know I have and it did not help at all when I played oblivious. Like a friend saying in grade school that they called, but the line was busy, I blatantly lied. "You mean, you called me? Did I not answer?"It didn't help that I was caught red handed. I pulled out my cell phone, which of course was in my purse. The missed calls were not flashing, but searching my call history sure proved a point!

I guess the message is you don't need to feel attached to your phone. Everything in life is an active choice. It is just about as bad as saying, "I have to write a paper." The answer to that is you really don't. It's your decision! Pick up or not, but please don't lie about it! Ignore with pleasure!

No comments: